Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cord Blood

Do we? Or Don't we?

We really want to bank the baby's cord blood... but cost is the issue. The arguement we have...how do you put a price on the future of your child? With so many diseases/illnesses that can already be treated with cord blood, and more emerging everday, how can we not! Especially with our history! Hodgkin's is one of the diseases that can be treated, as is lupis/arthritis. I have not been diagnosed with lupis, but my mom and aunt have been, and its hereditary. Cost wise, it is approx $2000 up front just to bank the cord blood. It is $150 a year to store the blood (which is very reasonable in our eyes)... or $$$ upfront for 25 years of storage. You save almost $900 by paying upfront for 25 years! Wow. Who knew! This wouldn't even be an issue if I wasn't taking off 3 months next school unpaid... makes me reconsider, but yet I want that time with my son.

GRRRR... i wish Money grew on trees

No comments:

Post a Comment